Andrea Lynne Jenkins born in Allegan, Mi, USA is an American author currently writing her trilogy “Kara”, “Vero” and “Andromeda”.
A former model (attending John Casablanca’s in 2010 in Tampa, Florida), Andrea is a scifi, thriller, romance novelist and mother of four. She loves travelling (having driven through 33 states before the age of 29) reading, writing, watching movies, dancing and music. A true lover of the fine arts.
1) When did you first discover your love for writing?
A: I started writing songs and poems when I was twelve. I always kept a diary growing up, and eventually started writing my first novel in 2013.
2) Do you have a favourite place to write?
A: I actually find it most calming to write on my front porch. I sit out there enjoy nature and peace. (I live in the country)
3) Do you have a writing routine or process that you adhere to?
A: I write everyday – generally at night.
Or if something pops in my head while thinking about my story, I start writing.
4) Are there any authors or specific books you aspire to?
A: Nicholas Sparks and Stephanie Meyer.
I love the Twilight saga, The Hunger games and The Divergent series.
5) What insipired you to write your trilogy “Kara”, “Vero” and “Andromeda”?
A: Honestly I had this amazing dream about it, which also helps with my writing because I could “see” the story. I woke up and began writing.
6) Can you give us a description about your trilogy?
A: An American girl, Audrey, discovers a human-Alien boy, Lylan, that came here to warn Earth about a black hole that will literally suck Earth into it within weeks.
They fall in love as she’s helping him and they face many trials together.
He brings her back to his planet and Earth declares war (after witnessing Lylan’s strength and “special powers” Earth views him and his planet as a dangerous threat). Audrey returns to Earth to continue to warn Earthling’s only to be held captive. (At this point she has Lylan’s “powers” because when two people fall in love, they become one).
Lylan fights for the love of his life. Audrey fights from within…
I won’t give too much away, but I will say this:
It is very suspenseful with a lot of plot twists.
I love the element of surprise.
7) Do you have a favourite amongst all of your characters?
A: It’s almost a tie between Audrey and Lylan. Not only is their love and teamwork inspiring but their courage really lights up the story.
I also love the queen (Lylan’s mother “Ledayn”) and his sister “Malik”
8) Does your book contain a message for your readers to consider?
A: Yes! A corrupted Earth, finding kindness/peace, being courageous and standing for your beliefs when everyone else doesn’t agree with you.
9) What would you say has been your biggest challenge and achievement in writing “Kara”, “Vero”, and “Andromeda”?
A: I have re-written certain parts numerous times. I want the best of the best and I won’t settle for less.
Achievements, being able to write and share this amazing story with the world.
10) What have you learned about yourself as a writer through writing your trilogy?
1) I have a voice and it can be heard.
2) I have a very creative mind
3) I love researching facts to make my trilogy feel like it could happen.
(I am now addicted to Nasa’s website and TV channel!)
11) Do you have any advice for other aspiring authors?
A: Keep writing. If you get writers block, take a short break then write, about anything to keep yourself in that mode of writing.
Be patient, but persistent.
12) Anything else you would like to mention?
A: Look for “Kara” (Which means Earth in Italian) December 2015 on Amazon!
13) And finally, Do you have any future works planned?
A: Indeed I do.
I have two other romance novels I will begin writing after I finish “Andromeda”.